Friday 19 February 2010

Max Clifford Speaking...

Finally, is it any wonder that the News of the World apparently sought advantage in a phonehack of Max Clifford's mobile. The man just can't leave the thing alone. They were bound to find out something. Appearing as part of a high-powered panel on a platform at Westminster University this week, Max alone was hindered from making a focused contribution by the fact that his mobile kept going off and that he kept answering it. Ring! Ring! "Hello Mischon de Reya … I am at Westminster City College [sic]. Can I call you back later?" Aside to the audience: "They pay my salary so I have to answer." Ring! Ring! "Hello. I'm in a live debate." To the audience: "I adore anybody who pays me a fortune." I'm here for free, whereas all these people pay me, he told them, and then… Ring! Ring! "The fame game is a drug," he explained. "You spend your life sucking up to egomaniacs." Ring! Ring! Poor Max.


John Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment